Handsome John Hits It Big!
"He's Rollin' In It!"Handsome John Hunkin has taken a beating in the press recently playing a crusty John Wayne to David Kassie's Monty Cliff.
But, if the proof is in the pudding, when it comes to pudding, this guy still knows how hoover it in.
Congratulations, John. Mind you, this salary is pre-Genuity. Wishing you well for next year too!
As celebrated headhunter, Ma'tin Yate, once said, "Knock 'Em Dead!"
Title: CEO, CIBC
Base salary 2004: $1-million
- including a 100K increase; first since '99
Performance bonus 2004: $3-mill+
Restricted share awards 2004: $4.2-mill
Stock Options: 50,560
The Bank's Earnings 2004: $2.2-billion
Most Altrustic Action:
- In 2002, the bank suffered a 61% drop in profits
- Handsome Johnny turned down performance bonuses
& stock options!
- (So did Academy Award Nominee, David Kassie)
Other Prize Winners!
Dickie Waugh, Prez-CEO Bank of Nova Scotia
Base 2004: $1-mill
Restricted stock units: $3-mill
Performance Bonus: $1.6-mill deferred shares
Stock Options: 230,768 stock options.
Most Admirable Action
- led bank's best year: earnings of $2.9-bill, up 18% 2003.
Gordie Nixon: CEO Royal Bank
- $3.2-mill in salary and bonuses in 2004
- Watch out Gordie! Royal's full-year profit   declined for the first time since 1999
(from $3.01-bill. to $2.83)
See The Globe and Mail
See Also: GenuityGang Strikes Back -- CIBC Recruiting Scandal -- David Kassie, Kingpin -- David Kassie's Dream -- Dan Daviau -- Earl Rotman -- Kassie Defiant -- Phil Evershed -- Hirst, Morrison, Eggertson -- Marie Cordero -- Bad 4 Recruiters -- Sweet Marie -- The Kassie Cult -- Kassie Honoured -- Hunkin's Millions -- BlackBerry Got 'Em -- Kassie Family Hunted -- Blackberry Mystery Solved -- The Genuity Revolution -- Technorati Tag: Genuity