Anything you can do....


"'Male managers are not the problem; they are much easier to deal with than female managers. They tend to be fair and unbiased in their approach to staff and their problems or needs. Female managers often seem to be threatened by other female associates and therefore do not offer help or praise, etc. As someone who has worked for over 30 years (for both male and female managers), I prefer to work for a male.'"

This was one of the emails generated by a recent column by Bob Rosner of Working Wounded and it got me to thinking. Do people prefer working under one gender or another? I tend to like working under someone whose style compliments my own. I have worked for good managers and shitty managers of both genders.

However I have heard more women say they would rather work for a man than a woman manager. I don't know why that is. I'll admit to it being purely anecdotal so there are no hard data I can provide to back up my statement. So I will throw the question out to you. If you are a woman reader do you have a preference? As a man have you had women tell you they prefer a male to a female manager??

Or is this just a load of hooey??


Read the whole column here

No comments: