The Wisdom of Indian Cricket
1. It’s all about core competence. Make your natural ability your core competence and never abandon that approach. Don't be flexible to adjust to the situation.
2. Pursue one target single-mindedly. What matters is how well you do what you’re best at. Simply focus on the one activity your DNA has programmed you to do, and improve its execution continuously.
3. Ignore the Competition. Don't react to what the opposition is doing.
4. History is bunk. If you know something should work, don’t be afraid if the first attempt fails. Try the same thing again and again and again. You will hit paydirt sooner rather than later.
5. Forget homework. Get out there in the marketplace, in the thick of things. Now!
Gautam Ghosh explains it in context.