Some Tips For Being Happy1. If your job isn't rewarding, pursue a hobby.
2. Most people want sex and status. But most people won't get them. So pursuing them won't make most people happy. So don't make them a priority.
3. More money doesn't lead to much additional happiness once you already have a lot.
4. Find someone who enjoys listening to you yak.
5. You're born with a tendency to stay within a set range of happiness no matter what you do. So, don't feel you've failed when you feel bad. You were born that way.
6. The best way to deal with a case of severe, long-lasting unhappiness is to take a mood-boosting pill. A six-month treatment will jolt a depressed person out of his or her rut.
via Marginal Revolution