1. The candidate constantly reschedules.
Affairs Counter-offers: The Warning Signs
2. Candidate takes forever to make up her mind. Needs tons of info..
3. Candidate discusses the job with a workplace peer or supervisor. (He's fishing for a counter offer).
4. Mr Charlie gives the candidate a promotion or raise. (He's secretly heard that the candidate is looking and strikes back with an unacknowledged counter-offer).
5. Resignation letter indicates Candi's open to a counter-offer: eg “This has been a difficult decision for me.”
If the candidate begins to smell funny, ask for an upfront commitment against a counter offer. If he refuses...uh-oh.
Bill Radin via Jason @ Recruiting.com