Watch Out Kids!
Sanna Hunts Heads

I came out of my 3 month self-imposed unemployment stint. It was great have the time off to spend with the kid and see her everyday and just hang out at home with the missus as well.

Finding a new job was fun as I made sure to take my time and really get something that I was interested in and had a lot of potential.

I haven't had much luck obtaining work at a company that fit my style and where I wasn't required to do the work of 3 people in half the time a project should reasonably take. So, it's been a stressful 2 years and required a sabbatical on my part to regain my mojo. Now I feel rested and ready to go.

I got lucky in finding my new job. I got an email from a headhunter the Monday of my “Time To Find A Job Week” asking if I would be interested in a position in Denver.

A couple days later I went through a 6 1/2 hour interview process. 2 hours were dedicated to the “Technical Interview” during which I sat in a room with 4 talented developers and had them fire questions that covered all aspects of Client/Server development with C#, .NET, ASP.NET, Object Orientation, Flash and MS SQL.

I also had the opportunity to interview with the management team, all the way up to the VP Technology, so walking out I was extremely confident that this was going to be an excellent opportunity for me as everyone I had met had a great attitude and technical savvy.
Source

No comments: